Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Truth Is.

So the reason I started this blog was to share my experience. So far people have been great. We let my folks and siblings know on Christmas Eve. We let her folks and siblings know on Christmas Day. First grandchild for either side of the family. Everyone's very positive and supporting as expected.
I haven't mentioned it to anyone at work yet. Reason is - I know there will be mostly snarky comments like:
1. Your life is over.
2. Say goodbye to your freetime/sleep/etc.
3. It's all downhill from here.

Terrible I know - but these are things I have heard before. I was just married a year ago and equally negative comments from coworkers. I work in an all male workplace. Realizing most of these comments are macho bullshit, I shrug it off. However, I do think some individuals believe these opinions.

So I want to know:
What unspoken life-changes should an expectant father mentally prepare for?

What behind-the-scenes happenings await?

Please, do tell - however scary, dramatic, stressful it might be.

No comments:

Post a Comment